Poems about love quotes, love poems and quotes

Famous Short Love Poems

Heart, We Will Forget Him by Emily Dickinson
Heart, we will forget him,
You and I, tonight!
You must forget the warmth he gave,
I will forget the light.
When you have done pray tell me,
Then I, my thoughts, will dim.
Haste! ‘lest while you’re lagging
I may remember him!

Again and Again by Rainer Maria Rilke
Again and again, however we know the landscape of love
and the little churchyard there, with its sorrowing names,
and the frighteningly silent abyss into which the others
fall: again and again the two of us walk out together
under the ancient trees, lie down again and again
among the flowers, face to face with the sky.











Maybe by Carl Sandburg
Maybe he believes me, maybe not.
Maybe I can marry him, maybe not.
Maybe the wind on the prairie,
The wind on the sea, maybe,
Somebody, somewhere, maybe can tell.
I will lay my head on his shoulder
And when he asks me I will say yes,
Maybe.

The Sunrise Ruby by Rumi
In the early morning hour,
just before dawn, lover and beloved wake
and take a drink of water.
She asks, “Do you love me or yourself more?
Really, tell the absolute truth.”
He says, “There's nothing left of me.
I'm like a ruby held up to the sunrise,
Is it still a stone, or a world made of redness? It has no resistance
to sunlight.”

From “A Poem of Friendship” by Nikki Giovanni
I don't want to be near you
for the thoughts we share
but the words we never have
to speak.

To Alice B. Toklas by Gertrude Stein
Do you really think I would yes I would and
I do love all you with all me.
Do you really think I could, yes I could
yes I would love all you with all me.
Do you really think I should yes I should
love all you with all me yes I should
yes I could yes I would.
Do you really think I do love all you
with all me yes I do love all you with all
me And bless my baby.

Love Not Me by John Wilbye
Love not me for comely grace,
For my pleasing eye or face,
Nor for any outward part:
No, nor for a constant !
For these may fail or turn to ill:
Should and I sever.
Keep, therefore, a true woman's eye,
And love me still, but know not why!
So hast the same reason still
To dote upon me ever.


She Tells Her Love by Robert Graves

She tell her love while half asleep,
In the dark hours,
With half-words whispered low:
As Earth stirs in her winter sleep
And puts out grass and flowers

Despite the snow,
Despite the falling snow.
From He Wishes for the Cloths of Heaven by W. B. Yeats
But I, being poor have only my dreams;
I have spread my dreams under your feet;
Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...